Sunday, August 20, 2006

Forever Young

Talked to Center for Quality of Life folks last Friday.

What's QoL?

Life is a river. It starts with a little stream, then stronger, and then slowly moves toward the ocean. But why slow down? My grandpa was 89 old when he continued to eat fat meat. I told him that it is not a healthy food. He said, "Why? If I don't eat now, then when I have the chance?" I then thought he was right. He didn't have teeth. Fat meat was the better food for grandpa.

My friend is 91 now. "Life after 80 is miserable." He lives alone in own house and drive every week for shipping food. He read newspaper every morning and watch TV, and has naps. I think he could live over 100. But he said, "To me, long life is a torture!"

I think the retirement system is the blame. The elder we are, the more ventures we should take. That sounds a way for QoL.

No comments: